Search This Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Little Too Long..

So it has now been 5 days since my last post. Well, at least when I do finally post I usually do it in bulk. Unfortunately however, this is not one of those times. I am working on a Valentines project right now which will be revealed in time for Valentines day but it requires a lot of reading, note taking, typing, disecting, putting notes together, etc etc etc. Right now I am in the typing process, soon to be followed by disecting and putting notes together. My time before now has been occupied by spending time with my son, reading a book (finally finished it about 10min ago!), exercising and just trying to find "balance" in all of this. The Valentines gift I am working on will soon be a collage book... this is what is looks like now (with blank pages inside, of course) but I am in the process of filling it up! 2 more weeks left and I will be done!
Oh, and here's a picture I took last night, a little "inspiration" for the upcoming baby shower.

My brother is the youth pastor of our church and they have a youth event called Focus coming up in February. Some of the kids cannot afford to pay their way so my sister-in-law organized a bake sale for today to help raise money. Last night we were at the church helping her wrap all of the goodies and organize whatever she needed us to. My mom made her delectable chocolate cake and chocolate cupcakes for the sale, you can catch a glimpse of the cake in the picture above.
Anyway, the picture above is pecan cupcakes. They were tied with light brown "ribbon" and I just loved the look... it reminded me of a nest for some reason. I thought it would be a perfect favor for the baby shower. I have been throwing thoughts around, one was to get glass baby food jars, fill them with bird seed and top with a paper or fabric flower but these cupcakes... too cute! On top of that, although I didn't try one, there were those who have either already had them in the past or tried them that night and they were very well pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment