Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I can't wait to post pictures of my newest finished project! One of my dearest friends birthdays was this past Wednesdays and I had already known what I wanted to make her, I just didn't know when I would be able to make it because when it comes to buying materials for projects I am a Thrift Store and Dollar Tree junkie. For this project I needed a large picture frame... Larger than an 8x10, preferably decorative if not I would have to decorate it. The dollar tree rarely has large picture frames so I knew where the best hope of finding that certain treasure would be at a small price... my most loved thrift store... the only one in Dripping Springs. They make Goodwill look like a rip off. Anyway, due to my allergies this week and other circumstances, I have not been able to make it to Dripping Springs while they are open (they close at 3). I received a phone call today in which I will discuss later but it made me get even more motivated to get the gift done asap. I walked back into my house and looked at the picture in my dining room. Although I really liked it I had other ideas that I preferred, not to mention I will not be living where I am for much longer. I took it apart and created it. The great thing is she saw something like it at Pier 1 that she asked me to tell her how to make and it never left my mind. By the time I had it all figured out I had already purchased her a Christmas present so I decided to make it as a birthday present (her birthday is Jan 5th, not too much of a wait). The colors and materials are different although it has the same idea but in the case that she doesn't like it I bought her something I know she'll love... 2 bottles of wine. After tomorrow I will post pictures. I tried to post pictures from my phone but the mobile upload thing doesn't work for me. Oh well, we'll only have to deal with no picture for just a little bit longer. I hope everyone has a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment