Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pictures!!! Birthday Present & Fabric Flowers

I am currently at my parents which means I have access to the internet at the moment... time to post some much overdue pictures!
For starters, here is the gift I made for a dear friend for her birthday. It is a picture/art holder .

Please excuse the messy blankets and sheets. Also, I know that you cannot see the clothes pins up close but I attached blue & brown damask scrapbook paper on each side to dress them up. The "wire" is hemp yarn, they are each tied to the staples originally placed in the frame to hold the back on. If you notice a wire going vertical that is because I forgot to take a picture of the finished product (I was late to the party trying to finish everything) but it was originally use to hang the picture, I unscrewed it in the back then screwed it back onto the back of the frame but going the other way and to where you could not see it.
Below is what the frame looked like originally. Pretty, but my friend is not THAT into gold.


This is what the present looked like all wrapped up. I made 3 fabric flowers (my first ones ever) and attached a broach inside the middle of each one. My grandmother was a huge costume jewelry fan so I have tons of pendants, broaches and earrings that I can use for projects. I also ruffled some fabric to make the ribbon. I do not know how to use a sewing machine so I do all of my sewing by hand... considering how long of a piece of "ribbon" I needed, this did take some time. I love the outcome though, it was worth it. I found the wrapping paper at the dollar tree, it's the material they use to make paper bags (paper) and the white floral print was an extra added bonus!

Below are a few fabric flowers. I actually only made two, one using red damask ribbon and the other I attached white fabric to red ribbon. I made these for Valentines day and the purpose of the black & white polk-a-dot fabric in the back is to give you an idea of what that fabric will look like with them, it's my last flower I have left to make. I am going for a damask (my FAVORITE print!) and polk-a-dot theme... I might buy a deck of cards and tie in the red heart ones to use as decoration. Not sure, most of my "plans" are not premeditated, I just plan as I go.
The 4 red ones are actually the same, I just was trying out different jewelry options... I ended up sticking with the smaller one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment