Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Pajama Pants to Toddler Girl Dress



I got the idea from a "pants into purse" tutorial, but the second I saw the purse I thought "dress" and thought I would figure out how to make it work. I forgot to take progress pictures until towards the end of the project but the fabric is actually from a pair of pajama pants. I also made 3 little rosettes... 1 from a pink fabric, 2 from a white fabric and the beige is actually from the drawstring of the pajama pants. I knew it needed straps but I was not sure what I wanted to do until the day after I started making it, I ended up braiding the straps. This dress took me 3 days to make due to my busy schedule and the fact that at the moment I only know how to sew by hand. I made it for my niece Emma, who has a younger sister on the way. I am in the process of making her dress but have decided to postpone it since it will be a baby shower gift. I am hoping to know how to use a sewing machine by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment