Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trip to the Thrift Store


The pictures above are just a few "treasures" that I managed to find at my favorite thrift store on Tuesday and Wednesday. I went looking for items for crafts and for the baby shower.
Off of the top of my head I bought 6 platters, 4 wine glasses, 4 small dessert plates, a chalk board, tons of fabric, paper, lady bug stamp, yarn, string, lace, a decorative vase to hold the silverware, 2 hot glue guns, pair of pajama pants (which later became 2 dresses for two little girls), 2 sweaters (which later became scarves), 3 t-shirts (which will be used for more scarves), jewelry, a few toys for my son... I know there's more but I cannot think of them. The total came to $35 which is nothing compared to other resale places. I went to Goodwill today, bought myself a cute tank top and a necklace... my total came to $8. That is very cheap considering resale prices but when you go from my favorite thrift store to Goodwill, I still walk out feeling like somehow I got ripped off. Thankfully Goodwill helps out the community in other ways so it's not too big of a rip off.

No comments:

Post a Comment