Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Saturday January 9th, 2011

Today was a pretty awesome day. It started off with finding money that I misplaced over 3 weeks ago! Yay God! There's a story behind it but I think He was stashing it away for me because He knew if I kept it in my possession I would spend it. After church today (which was pretty good) a group of people came out to my parents for lunch then a couple who are my parents friends came over to prophesy over every one... that was AWESOME! I will post my prophecy and my sons probably tomorrow... hopefully.

Today I showed my sister-in-law the pictures I had gathered for inspiration and she liked them except she didn't like the birds so I had her show me the bedding she was originally looking at. She is not wanting this bedding but she likes the birds. This bedding is from Babies'R'US. By the way, look at the tree design on the quilt... I will be referring to it later.

Okay, so if I based everything off of this the colors would be aqua, green, pink and brown which I love for little girls but it kind of throws me off a little since the look and to an extent the colors as well are completely different than what I was going for originally. This is not my shower though so I am excited to do whatever. The only "down side" is, that bird is kind of hard to find. They have so many that come very close but not exact. Luckily most of the things for the shower will be made by hand not by print so I have traced an outline of the bird for future projects.That way I can even stick to certain ideas she liked but just make the bird different.

Also, if she does decide on this for sure I have a super cute idea!
When I host baby showers I do not use the traditional guest book, instead I come up with unique alternatives or in this case "borrow them". The middle picture is a tree painted on a canvas and the leaves are each guests thumb print, signed by that individual guest. I love this idea and she has a special thing with trees so I thought it would be perfect. Now, if you remember there is a similar tree on the quilt of the bedding with birds on it... I could recreate that and put it on canvas then have the guests do the finger print leaves.

Well anyway, my brain no longer wants to function so I am going to bed now. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment