Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fixed Up Flats

I have had this pair of flats for a while now (I purchased them while I was pregnant) and although I love them, I was not to happy about the "style". I have been wanting to go out and buy black jewels to add to them to dress them up but I never got around to it. The outfit that I wore to church this morning called for my black flats but trust me, I was not looking forward to putting them on. This morning, before church started, I decided to make some fabric rosettes and attach them to the shoes. I used the fabric from a black and white polk-a-dot skirt that I never wear anymore yet kept holding onto. The underside of the skirt was solid black so, wanting to keep these shoes more in a neautral state, I used the black side as the main side to show but in certain places there are a few white polk-a-dots peeking through. They would have looked cute having the polk-a-dot fabric on the outside but it would have cut down the amount of outfits I can wear them with. I am almost tempted to start "fixing up" all of my shoes.
Before

After

No comments:

Post a Comment