Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sketchbook Challenge: Song of Solomon

So, as I mentioned in the last post, I went to a ladies retreat this past weekend. While we were there Vicky told us her story about her sketch book and challenged us to take the journey as well. She made her sketch book based on the theme "In Flight" and God directed her to the Song of Solomon... the Song of all Songs.
I am now sharing what I have created and will share the notes I took just so it kind of makes sense, key word being kind of.

My Sketchbook/Journal Cover



         - We need to really grasp that God really sees us.
         - There is a difference between being seen and being watched.
         - Remember the first time I realized God saw me
         - We see Him because He first saw us
         - Remember to live in the moment, not the next step ahead











Dark but Lovely. Song of Solomon 1:5
- Imperfect in love but perfectly loved
- Song of Solomon 1:5 "Daughters of Jerusalem, I am dark like the tents of Kedar, yet lovely like the curtains of Solomon."
- Just like a jigsaw puzzle, the ugly dark pieces are necessary
- The behavior may be correct but if the motivation is not right God will reveal it to us when we are mature enough to deal with it.
- Dark but lovely
- He wants to be in relationship with us and constantly pursues us.
- Even when I feel ugly and unlovely He desires me and calls me His.






Into His Chambers. Song of Solomon 1:4
- Song of Solomon 1:4 "Her: Take me with you- let us hurry. Oh, that the king would bring me to His chambers. Friends: We will rejoice and be glad for you; we will praise your love more than wine"
- Life. Together. Now
- The King has brought me into His chambers
- We don't have to wait until we die, life with Him is now.
- With Him we truly become alive

What I Wrote: the definition of radiance... 
    "noun - the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light."




Our Bed Is Green. Song of Solomon 1:16
- When we truly rest in Him everything else becomes easy
- Rest always preceeds power
- Song of Solomon 1:16 ""How handsom are you, my love. How delightful! Our bed is lush with foliage"
- Rest. Provision. Protection.








 
Lily Among the Thorns. Song of Solomon 2:1-2
- God pulls us aside for privacy, for promotion
- Pure white lily, could be the proudest of flower but it hangs its head down. Example of humility.
- We are called to bloom for His eyes alone
- We are constantly having to say no to the worldly things around us (the thorns we're surrounded by)
- We just have to be His, not what others expect us to be
- Being a lily is a lifestyle.




 
Apple Tree Among the Forest. Song of Solomon 2:3
- God is fruitful, anything we need we can get from Him.
         - love, protection, provision, acceptance, rest, etc
- Take of His very nature, eat it and become more like him
- Transformation











Song of Solomon 2:10. "My love calls to me, "Arise my darling. Come away, my beautiful one."
- Come outside from everything that keeps me from being truly His.
- He gently calls us, gazing at us with love, waiting for us to step out of our house and through the gate into his courts.
- Our soul life can keep us inprisoned.
- The life of the Spirit calls us to soar up above and not under our circumstances.
- Don't be left behind, be where He is.
- Rise up my love, my fair one and come away with me.




 
Love Sick.    Song of Solomon 5:8
- I am love sick
- "Young women of Jerusalem, swear to me that if you find my beloved you will tell him I am hopelessly lovesick." SS 5:8
- Hunger after God, an unquenchable hunger.
- Anguished because you cannot get enough of Him.
- As we're desperate for Him, we push our boundaries back and they don't go back, like stretched out elastic.


What I Wrote on the Page:
- "Show me your ways, oh lover of my soul. I hunger for you, for your touch, for your love that consumes me like fire to my spirit. Your ways, oh love, are unlike mine yet I yearn to be more like you. My soul thirsts for you, my soul longs for you."
- "He Loves Me" - on the petal
- "I long to see your face"
- See. Write. Love.
- Love. Love. Grace. Grace. Grace.
- Taste and see that He is good
- His intention is Life Together Now, right this minute
- Endure. Press. Press In.
- Obey, walk out what we heard.

What I Wrote
On the tag it says, "I Will Go"






 
- He invites me in the midnight hour to just be with Him
- His absence is a silent and distinct call to follow.




What I Wrote: definition of follow
   "verb - to travel behind, go after, come after."







 
The Wilderness - Song of Solomon 8:5
- The Song - I am my Beloveds and He is mine.
- Song of Solomon 8:5, "Who is this coming up from the wilderness, leaning on the one she loves?"
- You do not have to earn His love, you just have to receive it
- He has brought us out of the wilderness
- Lean on Him, you are one










 
This picture is actually not part of my sketch book but it is inspired by the Song of Solomon.
It was too big so I framed it. The picture spoke to me because of the intimate moment between the groom and his bride plus my "secret place" with God is dancing on the water in front of the light house. The fact that the light house was in the back was very special to me. We are dancing on the water and because He is dancing with me, He is the reason I am not sinking.

What I Wrote.
"Behold you have come, my Beloved you have captured my heart. Dance with me lover of my soul to the song of all songs. With you I will go, you are my love, you are my fair one." - Dance with Me by Jesus Culture

"I live only to see your face" - Light of Your Face by Jesus Culture

No comments:

Post a Comment